Enter our contest for your chance to win a physical Switch copy of Friday the 13th: The Game: Ultimate Slasher Edition
Today’s contest features a physical copy Friday the 13th: The Game: Ultimate Slasher Edition for Switch!
I don’t often play online multiplayer games, partly because I don’t have the time and partly because I’m just not terribly interested. I did play this one with friends several times, though, and it’s actually a lot of fun! I mean, running around smashing teenagers’ heads against walls and shoving spears through their guts shouldn’t be hard to get right, but you never know.
Yep, Friday the 13th: The Game is good fun. So if you’ve got a Switch, I’ve got a copy of the Ultimate Slasher Edition to give you! Hopefully. I can’t promise anything for you, specifically, but someone will get this thing…
[Just pretend the trailer above is for Switch. There wasn’t one uploaded anywhere, yet.]
I’ve actually played this game, so I’ll tell you all about it! Taking place at Camp Crystal Lake, you play as either a camp counselor or Jason Vorhees. As the former, you’ve of course been smoking, drinking, and sexing all night long, so clearly you deserve whatever may happen. Do your best to run away and hide from Jason. Work as a team to either fix up the car to drive off,or restore the power and phones and wait for the police to arrive. It’s, uh, not incredibly easy to do. As the latter, you’re upset that people are having a party and you weren’t invited. So just chase those kids around, teleport around the map, and generally do a great job of not really being able to die as you pick off the campers one by one.
Again, I’ve actually played this one, and it’s fun. I recommend it, especially if you’ve got a cool group to party up with. Here are some features from the Switch version of the game.
- All Previously Released Content – Includes all 10 single-player challenges, every map, character, counselor outfit, Jason skin, additional kills for Jason, and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – plus an exclusive limited edition 11×17 poster.
- Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots.
- Killer Variety – Players don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs.
- Character Customization – As players level up, they unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models, new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral…or seven.
- Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 and 9).
It’s a shame they could never get around to the Jason X content. That one’s by far my favorite in the franchise 🙁
How To Win
Ok, you know what to do. I’m using a widget because you’re not my real dad. Enter by leaving your name and email address. You can enter daily. For bonus entries, follow NE and @Friday13thGame on Twitter, and share our contest post with your friends.
And instead of giving you something to talk about (how about love?), just post some kill gifs from Friday the 13th in the comments. It can be from movies, the games, the shitty show — whatever. Just have some fun, kids.
We have one physical Switch copy of the game to give away. You must have a United States shipping address to qualify. Winner will be drawn Monday, August 19.